Sunday, October 18, 2009

Sunday night

Just got off the phone with my friend in Canada, following "Desperate Housewives."

The large flat-screen projection TV I've been babysitting for someone for years is going on the blink (haven't heard from him in years, either), so tonight I broke down and bought a high-definition TV online. Will pick it up at Sears in Aventura when I get a text message or email saying it's ready to pick up. I got a pretty good deal. I've never watched HD TV before. I think I got a good one (been looking at reviews). It's a Samsung LN40B550. I'll set it up here in the computer room, at least for now. I've read all about them.

Well, we're back to having nice weather in Miami for this time of year. Had the windows and slider open today, no A/C. Lovely. Was at gym and store earlier.

I have to say, I was really having enough of the oppressive hot muggy weather. Miami never used to be so unpleasant, especially at this time of the year. The place is warming. (See my analysis for October, which used to be a cooling down period, here.)

No comments: