Saturday, September 19, 2009

Saturday afternoon

Put rest of groceries away and started the soup. It'll take a couple of hours for the stew beef to get tender. It's simmering with the crushed tomatoes and a little thyme, marjoram, bay leaf, salt and pepper.

Had a Hormel "Compleat" chicken breast and dressing. The chicken itself wasn't horrible but I threw most of the rest of it away. Last night I had the beef tips and mashed potatoes. It wasn't that bad (ate the whole thing). I'd never had these before and decided to give them a try. See here.

I also came across this review of the chicken breast with mashed potatoes.

Today I ate... well, I hesitate to call it "lunch", because that puts a lot of other food in bad company. Let's say, "I ate at noon". . . .

To shamelessly paraphrase from Star Trek: It may be sustenance, Jim, but not as we know it.

No comments: