Saturday, September 19, 2009

Saturday night later

I was going to do some writing today but relaxed and cooked instead. (I don't have to worry about food tomorrow and can go to the gym.) Actually, I did write two sentences. (It's a beginning!) I'll try to continue next Saturday. I really needed some down time this weekend. Last weekend I was toiling over the travel blog. Doing a project like that, like writing a story, is fun work but work nonetheless.

The pâté tastes fantastic but it has to get good and cold to firm up a bit. It's not going to be a very firm pâté since it has less butter than usual. The more-traditional Jacques Pépin recipe uses 1-1/2 sticks of butter for 1/2 lb. of chicken livers. I used 2 sticks for 1.8 lbs. Still it's not exactly diet food. But I hadn't made it in years and was in the mood for it. It's very smooth coming out of the food processor.

I thought what the hell and went ahead and made the tamale pie. It's in the oven now. Washed a load of dishes in the dishwasher, emptied it and began filling it back up again. (Dirtied a lot of dishes today.)

Watching Project Runway for a change. They're making dresses out of paper. Tommy Hilfiger and Eva Longoria are two of the judges.

[Later] Tamale pie came out great!

No comments: