Sunday, November 15, 2009

Sunday night

Tonight I went to the gym, and after I'd done a few crunches I said I don't want to be here, and I left. I was just there on Friday.

I've been working on a project for the last two Saturdays and part of Sunday. I think I'll go to the gym on Tuesdays/Wednesdays and Fridays, at least until this project gets done. (Knock on wood.) I need the other part of Sunday to do chores, like cook and clean.* I went straight from the gym to the store and then came back home and did stuff, plus watched "60 Minutes."

And now "Desperate Housewives." So the public schools aren't good enough for Carlos and Gaby's daughter, who basically got kicked out of a private school on account of Gaby's loud mouth a couple of shows ago? (Don't get me wrong -- I love Gaby.) Gaby's been attempting to home-school her since then and (failing at that) is now trying to get her into a Catholic school.

Show was OK. I got a kick out of the Miami treatment.

The weather, by the way, has been pleasant the past few days, but I hope the unseasonable crappy weather we had throughout most of October (which is usually a nice month) is not a precursor of things to come. Lucky spent a lot of time out on the terrace this weekend. Bootsy hasn't been out much, maybe because the floor's too gritty for him and he has to think of his longish coat (and cleaning it). I'll get out and scrub the terrace eventually, but I want to get this project out of the way. It's taking up a lot of my time on the weekends now. My goal is to have it completed over the Thanksgiving holidays (as usual, we have a long, four-day weekend). We'll see about that.

__________________
*Thank God the apartment was deep-cleaned two weeks ago.

No comments: