Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Tuesday night

Tired. Did a lot of walking today. The bus to work this morning was going to detour west (where I didn't want to go) to get around the Miami Book Fair, so I got off before it made the turn and walked some extra blocks to work. Then I walked the mile or so home from the bus stop by Walgreen's. Meanwhile I'm taking that Halloween candy to work tomorrow. I've been nibbling on it here. Tonight I pigged out on it. It has to go. It's throwing a wrench in my fitness program. I can't have things like Reese's peanut butter cups or Hershey's kisses with almonds (or ice cream) in the house. (I rarely do.) Unfortunately, I got no trick-or-treaters on Halloween.

Did grocery shopping tonight. I was going to do it after the gym on Sunday but I couldn't drive out of the building, since my garage door-opener was on the blink. This morning, the security guard got that working after I'd installed the new battery last night.

Tonight I read about a poll that predicted Olympia Snowe could lose her next election to a teabagger.

A new survey of Maine from Public Policy Polling (D) has some dire news for Sen. Olympia Snowe (R-ME), with the moderate Republican potentially losing her 2012 Republican primary against a generic conservative challenger -- and by a landslide, no less.

The numbers: Conservative challenger 59%, Snowe 31%, with a ±4.8% margin of error. It is of course a long way from the idea of a generic conservative challenger to having an actual candidate, but the potential for success by just such an insurgent is certainly there. . . .

Here also.

This poll adds weight to the argument that Democrats who want to seal the deal on health care reform ought to push Joe Lieberman aside, and instead pursue Olympia Snowe.

Even though Snowe's trigger plan is unacceptable as policy, it's clear that she is far more interested in passing health care reform than Lieberman, and the fact that as a Republican she's willing to support a trigger suggests that as a Democrat, she'd at least support an opt-out public option.

From Snowe's perspective, quitting the GOP and becoming a Democrat would be a no-brainer . . . .

She doesn't even need to vote for a public option -- she just needs to support cloture. . . .

Look at Arlen Specter.

Somebody really doesn't like Marco Rubio: "Marco Rubio Strongly Opposed to Amnesty for Immigrants Who Are Not His Parents"

The weather is supposed to get nicer tomorrow. We'll see. The cats don't even like going outside on the terrace in this protracted unseasonable weather. They're over it and so am I.

No comments: