Sunday, May 17, 2009

Sunday night

Anna Wintour, editor of Vogue, was on "60 Minutes". I knew who she was but didn't know much about her. I didn't know she was British, for example, or that she dropped out of school at age 16. The Merrill Streep character in "The Devil Wears Prada" (based on the novel of the same name) is based on Wintour. That I knew.

The roast beef spread with horseradish came out very good, better than the sweet relish version I whipped up earlier. I always prefer savory to sweet. I had that for dinner.

[Later] "Desperate Housewives" was really really good, but lots of long, loud ads. I think it should be illegal to turn up the volume on the ads. (Maybe it used to be, before that industry was deregulated.) Also, you used to be able to buy TVs that would adjust the volume down automatically on loud ads. I don't know whether they make them anymore. I'll try to find one the next time I buy a TV.

Now "The Stagers" is on. I love it.

No comments: