Thursday, May 14, 2009

Thursday night

Got back home from the gastroenterologist's at 8:00. I have to say, I don't feel comfortable with this guy, but my regular doctor refers him. My regular doctor is warm and friendly. The gastroenterologist is more like a robot, and I wasn't looking forward to seeing him again. My misgivings were reinforced today. (I'm just glad that's over with.) I don't know why my doctor recommends this guy. (Maybe he's a relative.)

So they're going to schedule me for not only a colonoscopy but a gastroscopy as well. I'd mentioned that I'd started taking Prilosec for heartburn (and it was working), and he decided he should look inside my stomach. Fortunately they do this while I'm still under anesthesia. (He said they just "turn you around" and do it.) I'm not looking forward to this, but at least I won't be conscious (or I won't remember it--a distinction). I still don't like the idea of people probing around inside me (especially if I'm awake but won't remember it). (I don't like the idea of it. It sounds almost illegal.) (But it's for my own good.)

I was actually dreading this appointment today and even lost some sleep over it. Tired. No nap today. But the worst part is over, since I'll be knocked out for the next part. (Also, they drive you to the treatment place and back.)

No comments: