Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Wednesday night

Having trouble with my desktop computer. First it totally froze, then I shut it down from the power strip, and now it won't boot up. I've tried different modes. Nothing seems to work. On the netbook now.

I get the Windows XP start-up screen, but then the three blue dots keep going by and nothing happens.

Did a little research. Computer booted with Recovery CD. Will continue with this tomorrow. Too late now to mess with it further. Thank goodness I found the Recovery CD. It was in a box with a spare keyboard. I kind of vaguely remembered I'd stuck it in there.

Even later, tried to back up my files with the Recovery CD, but there were failures. Yikes. May need professional help. And I don't think I have my original XP disk, which might be needed.

No comments: