Monday, June 29, 2009

Monday night

Just finished making a big pot split-pea soup. Used a pound of dried peas, two ham steaks cut up, and fresh celery, carrots, onions, garlic, parsley, etc. Used up most of the chicken broth I'd bought for the colonoscopy (1 1/2 qt.). I followed Joy of Cooking and the recipe on the bag of Publix split peas. (Joy starts out with making broth from a turkey carcass.) I used twice as much ham as the Publix recipe called for, so it's really meaty. Came out great!

This morning the plumbing inspector came and the management office didn't respond, so the inspection was failed and I have to go pay the City $71+ before they'll come back here. Next time I'll be here. I got up an hour early this morning so I'd be all showered and dressed and ready for them. They said between 8:15 and 9:00, and I was here waiting. They came shortly after I'd left for work. I'd notified the management office last Friday that the inspector would be here first thing this morning. (The office is supposed to open at 9:00.) I missed them by maybe 10 minutes.

No comments: