Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Tuesday night

Boiled spare ribs tonight. Came out great. Flavored with juniper berries, caraway seeds, celery seeds, garlic powder, peppercorns, salt, seasoned salt, etc. When I go to eat it, I'll add a can of sauerkraut. (My mother used to make this.)

Early tomorrow morning I'm trekking over to the City to write a check for $71.55 so that the plumbing inspector will come back. What a racket. I've been failed twice on the grounds that no one was here when the inspector came. I'll concede the problem yesterday, but some lady at the City told me last week that the first failure was on account of the inspector not getting here due to a bad rain storm--and the people in the condo management office had been here waiting for him and even called me to say he hadn't shown up.

The municipalities are really strapped right now and are sticking people with fees. That's why this simple renovation has been dragging on for over a year now.

No comments: