Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sunday afternoon

Computer was acting up again today (not the same thing as last time). I ran a Windows Defender scan and it found 1 infection. I ran a Malwarebytes scan and it found 40 infections! (I'll buy that if I have to.)

[Later] I'd been suspicious of a yellow shield-shaped icon at the bottom of the screen, which says I have updates to install. I did a little research and found out this could install something malicious. That's why I ran the malware software before installing any updates. So I let it begin to install Internet Explorer 8 and then went for coffee. (One of the first things it does is search for malicious software. Good, I thought.)

When I got back from Starbucks, I had a message saying that F-Prot (my anti-virus software) had found and removed a virus. Hmmmm.

Anyway, the new Explorer is up and running. I had to download something from Hewlett-Packard, however, to make my printer compatible with it.

I see that the yellow shield is back...

No comments: