Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Tuesday night

Having fun working with Foxfire. I don't think I ever said that about Internet Explorer. I never disliked IE, but it was never something I chose. Since Firefox's main claim to fame is its security, I look forward to not having to worry about malicious software creeping into my computer. Lately it's been a nightmare. Plus it works with Blogger. And it's very fast and nimble. (I think my first browser was Netscape Navigator, after I left AOL.)

Snoozed on the bus home. Didn't sleep all that well last night (maybe too much for dinner) and then this morning I was awakened by what I thought was my door knocker. The noise didn't persist, however, and I went back to sleep. I'm maybe a little traumatized from people letting themselves into my apartment while I'm asleep, to check on my plumbing.

Speaking of which, when I got home I had a message on the Magic Jack from the plumbing contractor. I'll call them tomorrow from work and see what they're up to. I haven't had an ice maker for weeks now. Fortunately there's a convenience store not five minutes away that I can walk to for ice.

Tonight I was at the drugstore and then swung by Burger King for a bacon double cheeseburger. Hadn't had one of those in a while. It was tasty.

There's supposed to be a new "Stagers" on tonight. We'll see about that.

Tomorrow I have the appointment with the gastroenterologist at the end of the day.

[Later] "The Stagers" was new and it was a good one.

The Magic Jack loads a lot faster with Firefox. But also I have to consider that a lot of malicious software has been eliminated from the computer, which was slowing things down. (But Internet Explorer had let that through.)

No comments: