Sunday, July 05, 2009

Sunday afternoon

Having the last piece of pizza from the other day. Really good. Earlier I had the last of the split-pea soup. Also really good.

Last night was a good night here for fireworks. No rain. Clear sky. But I didn't watch them. I was too busy checking out flights and hotels.

Today I booked my flight and made hotel reservations for Labor Day week in Savannah. I'll be staying at the Hilton Garden Inn in the Historic District, in a smoking room with free WiFi. I'll be flying up non-stop on Monday evening and back mid-afternoon Friday with a 36-minute stop in Charlotte, NC. Arrive in MIA early evening. I'll pack a carry-on bag and a backpack. I'm so used to sleeping on my flat memory-foam pillow that I'm taking that with me--it just fits in the backpack. (Don't want to get bad sleep on my vacation!)

I also booked two historic trolley tours, including one at 9:00 p.m. Thursday night ("Experience the haunting tales of Savannah aboard our evening trolley tour through the Historic District.")

No comments: