Thursday, July 02, 2009

Thursday night

T.G.I.Th.! We're off work tomorrow for the 4th of July holiday.

It appears that the Home Depot kitchen remodeling project, initiated last May, will be smooth sailing from here on out. The new plumbing passed inspection this morning, in barely a minute, and I made it to work on time afterwards. I'd been afraid the inspector would say the drainpipe from the wall would have to be lowered closer to the level of the U-shaped trap, which would have entailed destroying the back of the new wooden cabinet and going into the wall (maybe even from the other side of the wall, which is my bedroom closet), costing hundreds of dollars and requiring me to take even more time off from work. (I always imagine the worst.) Anyway, I was terribly relieved when the inspection passed. All the guy did was jiggle the dishwasher and take a quick peek under the sink. He didn't even look behind the refrigerator, where a few weeks ago a (supposedly) bad "coupling" on the water line gave way to a burst of water pressure and caused a flood out in the hall.

The only thing left for Home Depot to do now is arrange for the final building inspection. I want to be here for that, since I want to point out of couple of flaws.

Now I can make plans for my vacation. I'd been holding that off pending the outcome of the plumbing inspection.

(Photo is Lucky in the Acer box on the futon.)

No comments: