Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Wednesday night

Glad that the malicious software is gone and that I have the Windows Defender running. (I thought I already had that.)

I wanted to take a nap and go to the gym tonight but spent the time getting the computer fixed instead. Tired. I'll go to the gym on Friday.

Tonight I got an email from my neighbor across the hall.

I have/had water by my AC closet due to a water heater issue in #909 [a few floors up] leaking for sometime. Carlos sucked the water up this morning and I guess I will be billed for the effort. I guess it's the business but I was told at least 5 different causes prior to really finding the issue yesterday. Some were it's my water heater, it is condensation from my AC unit, it's my guest bath shower plumbing----what a trip.

This is not the worst management we've had here. Actually it's good especially compared with the last, corrupt crew (including B.'s new BF). But the maintenance people are in over their heads when it comes to plumbing. The latest I heard from the condo association president (while still insisting that gremlins came in and sawed the pipe on my water heater): "We will call in a plumber to check the water pressure in the building."

They recently got a new water pump, and serious water pressure issues arise when the maintenance people shut down and then bring the water lines back up. My lawyer friend in FTL/STL with the paralyzed dog and the schizophrenic BF told me the other day that this has to be done very slowly in a high-rise. (I don't know how he knows this, but it makes sense to me.)

Enough of all that. Already looking forward to the weekend with no medical or flooding or being-on-call-to-go-to-work (which I don't mind if there's no flooding) issues--knock on wood!

No comments: