Friday, August 07, 2009

Friday night

Last night I was busy writing another email to a long-lost friend.

Tomorrow afternoon, one of my neighbors is throwing a barbecue for everyone in the building. It was RSVP and I doubt everyone will be attending. He's supplying the hamburgers but encouraged people to bring anything else they'd like to eat. Tonight I bought a couple of containers of Publix potato salad (southern style) and doctored it up with chopped onion and celery, dill relish and fresh lemon juice. It all just fits inside a large Glad container. I garnished with sliced hard-boiled eggs, paprika and chopped dill. I'll also take a plastic serving spoon. I wanted to make it tonight so it has time to "marinate" in the fridge. The party's from 4:00 till 7:00. Looking forward to it.

No comments: