Friday, August 14, 2009

Friday night

This morning, Lucky woke me up way too early. (Only my alarm is allowed to wake me up.) Lucky was playing under the bed. As I mentioned in an earlier post, he's loosened the fabric that covers the bottom of one of the two mattress foundations (the one underneath where I happen to sleep) and lies and plays in there, like it's his secret hideaway. I think he had a ball in there this morning. I'd fall back asleep and he'd wake me up again. I'd had enough. Finally I got up and he ran out of the room. I shut the door and managed to get a little more sleep.

Tonight I was going to go to the gym but didn't want to deal with Lucky while I was trying to take a nap. I could have shut him out of the room, but Bootsy was already up on the bed and Lucky would have felt bad. I wasn't that tired anyway -- I'd dozed some on the bus -- so I got dressed and drove up to Target (5 minutes away). Got a staple gun -- since I didn't have one -- to staple the fabric back onto the foundation, staples, etc. Then I got home and realized I'd bought the wrong staples, so I drove back up there and exchanged them. The fabric is now fastened back to the foundation. (I stapled it real good.) Lucky has taken notice. Ha!

I have enough trouble sleeping and don't need a cat flopping around under the bed while I'm trying to sleep. And I really hate being awakened in the morning before it's time to get up. I barely get enough sleep as it is. I wanted to get the mattress foundation fixed tonight so I don't have to worry about it when I go to bed later. That alone could give me insomnia. (Again, I could kick the cats out of the bedroom.)

The fabric was dangling by a few strategic staples, by the way. Lucky's really been going at it under there.

I'll go to the gym this weekend.

Now I am a little tired.

Wendell Potter is on Anderson Cooper tonight. (See here.)

No comments: