Saturday, August 29, 2009

Saturday night

Drove up to Sunrise Cinemas to see "Julie & Julia." Superbe! I pretty much agree with the review below, but actually I did find the Julie sections interesting, as they were about (among other things) blogging. And, of course, cooking from recipes, too. I've made quite a few Julia Child recipes myself, and I know what that entails. I, too, have made her Boeuf Bourguignon (which Julie calls "boof").

Even the author of The Joy of Cooking, Irma Rombauer, made an appearance in the movie (i.e., played by an actress). And The Joy of Cooking was prominently displayed in Julie's bookcase, right by the phone. (That's still the one cookbook I use the most.)

Apparently Julie had never heard about SiteMeter, since, at the beginning at least, she never knew if anyone was reading her blog.

I got to the theater a little early to buy my ticket for the 4:30 show. (I'd not been to a movie since before B. left here, which has been a year and a half now.) Then had a giant slice of pizza with everything on it at a little pizza joint in the shopping center there. (I didn't realize how hungry I was -- I'd had a hamburger at home for lunch.) My timing was perfect. Drove through an intense thunderstorm on the way home (about 10 minutes away) and the truck got washed. It had been getting a little dusty sitting in the garage. Then, after the rain stopped, I walked over to Starbucks for some coffee. The air was fairly cool at that point. It's been a hot month, and my electric bill shot up considerably (from the A/C).

No comments: