Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sunday evening

Just back from the gym and the store. I ran into my gastroenterologist at the store. He said I was the fourth patient he'd seen there. We shook hands. He asked me how I was doing and I said fine. I asked him whether he lived in the area. He said he lived in Bal Harbour but was on his way home from the hospital.

Called up B.'s friend/co-worker. She said she'd talked to him yesterday and that everything appeared to be fine on the home front. That's good.

[Later] Did a little cleaning. No coffee or Sambucca today! Watched "Design Star." Again, I guess they kicked off the right person. I really didn't like any of the rooms that much.

My neighbor across the hall comes back tomorrow evening, the one whose cat I've been feeding. I haven't even seen the cat since I first went in to feed him, on Thursday night.

Checked out the county property records today. My place has depreciated 40% from last year, probably on account of foreclosures in the building (not that many, actually, but it doesn't take many to lower property values). Still it's worth more than what I paid for it. For a lot of people now, this isn't the case.

No comments: