Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Monday night

I stayed up last night (but not past bedtime) with the phone line open in case anyone should call. Today I talked to a close friend of B.'s. She said B. was "home." So he didn't get kicked out of his place last night and become "homeless," as the BF had threatened. That was good news.

I was glad to hear that B. is in constant touch with this friend. She told me the situation is really bad and that she fears for his safety. B. was off today, but I'm going to call him at work tomorrow. (I don't dare call him on his cell phone.) (The BF had told me a while back that if I wanted to contact B., I had to call the BF and he would make arrangements.) This guy's a maniac. And B. was just Baby Huey enough to fall for this guy's enticements (including drugs maybe?). (B. had made a reference to himself as "Baby Huey" when we first met. Maybe somebody had called him that in his past.)

From the linked article:

A hungry fox would show up feigning friendship and setting traps along the way. At first Huey was blissfully unaware of the fox's true agenda. But as his peers watched the annoyed fox in action from a safe distance (and fearing for his safety just as they did their own), he came to realize the truth about his predator and dispose of him, usually by saying: "I think you're trying to kill me!", and would finish the fox. . . .

I'm going to call B. tomorrow.

No comments: