Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tuesday night

They've started up another road project on my bus route. I was 15 minutes late to work and it took me 1 1/2 hours to get home (including waiting for my bus). There was a sign along the road giving a phone number to call for information on the project and also a website. I went to the website (fdotmiamidade.com) and found this:

Biscayne Boulevard [US 1] / Biscayne Boulevard Way / U.S. 1 / State Road 5 . . .
All southbound travel lanes will be closed daily from 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Sunday through Saturday [?], 9:00 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. Sunday through Thursday and 11:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m., Friday and Saturday along the west side of Biscayne Boulevard from NE 35th Street to NE 28th Street and will remain this way for approximately six months while workers install temporary barrier wall, reconstruct the roadway, install drainage structures at various locations and replace sections of sidewalk and curb ramps. Traffic will be shifted over to the northbound traffic lanes and one lane of traffic will remain open in both directions at all times. . . .

Six months?! I hope some of the car drivers will take another route for a while. The bottlenecks are pretty bad (especially northbound).

I've lived through quite a few of these projects on US 1 already -- much longer ones, even.

I may start wearing a face mask on the bus. Anderson Cooper reports that up to 150 million Americans may be infected with swine flu this season. I wash my hands a lot as it is. Just located a bottle of Germ-X and threw it in my briefcase.

Finally got the medicine for Bootsy's ears from EntirelyPets.com. Administered it tonight. I'm going to give him a nice bath before I go on vacation.

No comments: