Sunday, August 23, 2009

Saturday night

Walked down to Flanigan's for dinner. The place was mobbed. I got a seat at the bar after a short wait. Today was their 50th anniversary. Who knew? A little band marched through a couple of times -- trumpet, tuba, drums, cowbells and whatever. I think they were traveling from Flanigan's to Flanigan's. People were handing out t-shirts (got one) and Mardi Gras beads. Very festive. I felt drunk when I left, though I'd had no alcohol. Earlier they'd had a Papa Flanigan look-alike contest. I wish I'd brought my camera. I got a bottle of Sambucca at Big Daddy's before I left. (Haven't touched it yet.) I haven't had Sambucca in years but all that put me in the mood (plus I heard someone ordering it in the restaurant). Vacation started today. (Actually, in two weeks I go to Savannah.)

(This is the Flanigan's I go to. It's right across Arch Creek. Looks tacky but it's nice on the inside. The liquor store's in the front.)

Talked to my friend in Canada earlier. He's driving to Quebec City first thing in the a.m. so he couldn't talk long. In fact we talked about an hour and said pretty much everything that needed to be said. I hadn't talked to him since before B.'s BF called up here. (B. and I had visited him in Canada, which has excellent healthcare, by the way.)

No comments: